Sculpture Nails “French Square” – rules
- Competitors / riders will have 2,5 hours to complete the nails on both hands (unless otherwise stated). They can be used only for template extension. Tips and adhesive are NOT allowed.
- Competitors / riders must use liquid and acrylic powder or products that are dried in the sunlight (UV, LED, CCFL, HYBRID).
- Only the products bright pink, translucent and white. Appendices containing glitter and / or any other colors are not allowed. Cover – camouflage acrylics or gels are allowed.
- Ornaments may not be used.
- Natural nails model can be prepared for coating materials before the competition, but I’m materials to them must not be applied before the competition starts.
- Existing damage to the natural nail designs, cuticles, or hands when assessing not be considered.
- Any devices or “scale model” that can be used to design and / or assist in making the smile line are not allowed.
- All smile lines must be done with a brush by hand. Painting in white is not allowed.
- Any plastic molds of any kind of modeling are not allowed to manufacture nails.
- All files and buffer must be clean, unused and without additives with oil. Do not use electrical drill.
- For cleaning products may be used only water (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products (oils, creams, lotions), tanks with anything in them is not enough.
- The nails of one hand (the choice of the competitor / competitors which) must be coated with red nail polish. Base Coat (base coat), Ridge filler (filling grooves) and Top Coat (top coat) are not allowed.
- Nails others, unvarnished arm (choice of the competitor / competitors which) French-style (French Style – camouflage / pink, clear, white) must be completed to a high gloss. For a high gloss could be using the final gel or sealer. (Unless otherwise indicated)
- The underside of the nail should look the same.
- Sculpture Nails will be judged in the following categories: smile line, “C” curve, the area around the cuticle, shape, control – control of the product, surface structure, lateral structure, length, coating of varnish or paint, the end product and the overall impression.
Sculptured French Nails Judging Criteria “NAIL CUP”
Smile Lines – 10 Points
- the smile lines are crisp (definition between pink and white)
- the smile lines are symmetrical and consistent (even points and equal curvature)
“C” curves – 10 Points
- the curvature of the nail enhancements is symmetrical and consistent
- the depth of curvature is a range between 40% and 50%
- the percent of curvature enhances the model’s nails
- if nail enhancements are oval in shape, consideration will be given for the apparent lack of curvature at the distal edge
Cuticle Area – 10 Points
- the product is flush to the natural nails and close to the cuticles
- the model’s skin at the cuticle area is in excellent condition (free from abrasions)
Shape – 10 Points
- the shape is symmetrical and consistent individually
- the shape is symmetrical and consistent together as a set
Product Control – 5 Points
- the product is completely free of air bubbles and pits
- the color of the product is consistent
- the skin is free from all products
Surface Structure – 10 Points
- the top surfaces of the nail enhancements are smooth and perfectly contoured
- the bottom surfaces of the nail enhancements are smooth and perfectly contoured
Lateral Structure – 10 Points
- the nail enhancements align perfectly with the sides of the natural nails
- if nail enhancements are oval in shape, the point at which the oval begins is consistent
- the arch of the nail enhancements is consistently placed
Length – 10 Points
- the length, measured from cuticle to the end of the extension, is consistent between matching nails (pinkie to pinkie, etc.) and in proportion to each other
- the length is suitable for competition-style nail enhancements; a suggested range of a 1 to 1 or 5:4 (50% camouflage and 40% french) ratio of nail bed to free edge is ideal, provided the length looks balanced on model’s hands
Polish or Color Application – 5 Points
- the polish or red color completely covers the nails (close to the cuticle and covers all edges)
- the application is smooth, even and clean
Finish Work – 5 Points
- the entire surface of the nail enhancement is smooth and very shiny (absence of scratches)
- the edges of the nails are smooth and finished
- the nails are thoroughly clean (absence of dust)
Overall Impression – 10 Points
- the nails complement the model’s hands
- the thinness is suitable for competition-style nail enhancements (the thinness of a business card, maximum 0,5mm, is ideal)
|Scoring Guide 2 Hands||Scoring Guide 1 Hand|
|10 = Flawless||5 = Average||5 = Flawless|
|9 = Almost Flawless||4 = Below Average||4 = Very Good|
|8 = Very Good||3 = Poor||3 = Average|
|7 = Good||2 = Very Poor||2 = Below Average|
|6 = Above Average||1 = Unacceptable||1 = Very Poor|