Sculpture Nails “French Square” – rules
- Competitors / riders will have 2,5 hours to complete the nails on both hands (unless otherwise stated). They can be used only for template extension. Tips and adhesive are NOT allowed.
- Competitors / riders must use liquid and acrylic powder or products that are dried in the sunlight (UV, LED, CCFL, HYBRID).
- Only the products bright pink, translucent and white. Appendices containing glitter and / or any other colors are not allowed. Cover – camouflage acrylics or gels are allowed.
- Ornaments may not be used.
- Natural nails model can be prepared for coating materials before the competition, but I’m materials to them must not be applied before the competition starts.
- Existing damage to the natural nail designs, cuticles, or hands when assessing not be considered.
- Any devices or “scale model” that can be used to design and / or assist in making the smile line are not allowed.
- All smile lines must be done with a brush by hand. Painting in white is not allowed.
- Any plastic molds of any kind of modeling are not allowed to manufacture nails.
- All files and buffer must be clean, unused and without additives with oil. Do not use electrical drill.
- For cleaning products may be used only water (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products (oils, creams, lotions), tanks with anything in them is not enough.
- The nails of one hand (the choice of the competitor / competitors which) must be coated with red nail polish. Base Coat (base coat), Ridge filler (filling grooves) and Top Coat (top coat) are not allowed.
- Nails others, unvarnished arm (choice of the competitor / competitors which) French-style (French Style – camouflage / pink, clear, white) must be completed to a high gloss. For a high gloss could be using the final gel or sealer. (Unless otherwise indicated)
- The underside of the nail should look the same.
- Sculpture Nails will be judged in the following categories: smile line, “C” curve, the area around the cuticle, shape, control – control of the product, surface structure, lateral structure, length, coating of varnish or paint, the end product and the overall impression.
Sculptured French Nails Judging Criteria NAIL CUP 2019
Smile Lines – 10 Points
- the smile lines are crisp (definition between pink and white)
- the smile lines are symmetrical and consistent (even points and equal curvature)
“C” curves – 10 Points
- the curvature of the nail enhancements is symmetrical and consistent
- the depth of curvature is a range between 40% and 50%
- the percent of curvature enhances the model’s nails
- if nail enhancements are oval in shape, consideration will be given for the apparent lack of curvature at the distal edge
Cuticle Area – 10 Points
- the product is flush to the natural nails and close to the cuticles
- the model’s skin at the cuticle area is in excellent condition (free from abrasions)
Shape – 10 Points
- the shape is symmetrical and consistent individually
- the shape is symmetrical and consistent together as a set
Product Control – 5 Points
- the product is completely free of air bubbles and pits
- the color of the product is consistent
- the skin is free from all products
Surface Structure – 10 Points
- the top surfaces of the nail enhancements are smooth and perfectly contoured
- the bottom surfaces of the nail enhancements are smooth and perfectly contoured
Lateral Structure – 10 Points
- the nail enhancements align perfectly with the sides of the natural nails
- if nail enhancements are oval in shape, the point at which the oval begins is consistent
- the arch of the nail enhancements is consistently placed
Length – 10 Points
- the length, measured from cuticle to the end of the extension, is consistent between matching nails (pinkie to pinkie, etc.) and in proportion to each other
- the length is suitable for competition-style nail enhancements; a suggested range of a 1 to 1 or 5:4 (50% camouflage and 40% french) ratio of nail bed to free edge is ideal, provided the length looks balanced on model’s hands
Polish or Color Application – 5 Points
- the polish or red color completely covers the nails (close to the cuticle and covers all edges)
- the application is smooth, even and clean
Finish Work – 5 Points
- the entire surface of the nail enhancement is smooth and very shiny (absence of scratches)
- the edges of the nails are smooth and finished
- the nails are thoroughly clean (absence of dust)
Overall Impression – 10 Points
- the nails complement the model’s hands
- the thinness is suitable for competition-style nail enhancements (the thinness of a business card, maximum 0,5mm, is ideal)
|Scoring Guide 2 Hands||Scoring Guide 1 Hand|
|10 = Flawless||5 = Average||5 = Flawless|
|9 = Almost Flawless||4 = Below Average||4 = Very Good|
|8 = Very Good||3 = Poor||3 = Average|
|7 = Good||2 = Very Poor||2 = Below Average|
|6 = Above Average||1 = Unacceptable||1 = Very Poor|